It’s hard for me to believe, but VersaTel Solutions is celebrating 10 years in business! It’s been a lot of hard work, but it’s also been very fulfilling. I’m really proud of the team I’ve put together, and the work we do on behalf of our clients every day. Being a woman entrepreneur comes with its own set of challenges. I started wondering if there are certain beliefs or traits that successful women have in common. I came across an interesting article from Edie Berg in SUCCESS Magazine. She has interviewed women at the top of her field, and she came up with a list of things that they have in common. Here’s some of what she found:
1. They play to their strengths. This is not necessarily the same as doing what you love. You might love doing mosaics but you might not choose that for your career. Think about what you can do so well that you can dominate your field with time. You should also love it. But successful women often choose their career paths by thinking first about what they’re good at and second about what they love to do.
2. They have ambition. Successful women do not dream about being the best in their section or department. Their eyes are set on the best in the state or country, at least. Most want to change the world.
3. They stay positive. Successful women know how to deal with disappointment in a way that keeps them from getting down and staying down. They know the future will be bright for them.
4. They’re organized. The vast majority of people I interviewed said yes quickly, checked their calendars, booked a date and did the interview. No extra emails. Not many reschedules. They decide what they want to do and then they just do it—simple and organized.
5. They’re constantly learning. These women do not stay static. They are continually improving themselves, and use mentors and coaches to accelerate their improvement.
6. They know failure and success go together. Everyone has their failures on their way to the top. That’s just how it is.
7. They work hard and persistently. Nobody got to where they are now without working hard and staying persistent during the tough times. This might be obvious, but it’s a lot easier to say than to do.
8. They do what they believe in. This is crucial. The belief in the purpose of their work is the fuel behind years of hard work and dedication.
9. They have a vision for the future. Successful women see a new and better world in the future and work toward achieving those changes. They are in it for the long haul.
10. They feel successful but never done. There’s always more, always better, always further to reach. These women are seemingly tireless, ultimately devoted, and constantly curious.
I think these are great traits to try to nurture in ourselves. And I think they’re all within our reach, and we can all become more successful. Thank you to everyone who helped VersaTel Solutions reach our 10th year in business. We are still growing. We recently introduced our Human Resources department, and of course we still offer Bookkeeping/Accounting, Office/Executive Administration, and Direct Hire. Reach out to us to find out which of our services can support your company.